Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vodka Anyone??.......



This was posted on our other blog as well, giving me the opportunity to relive a memory from my time in Russia at 17. Memories......
However, it is taken on a much different, far better tasting face now!!!
MUCH to my suprise, I recently learned that vanilla extract (the real stuff), is made from vanilla beans soaking in vodka for a few months, and never goes bad! So, the longer it sits in the vodka, the better it gets! Im tired of paying TOO much for tiny little bottles, and am very excited to be making our own! I ordered high grade Madagasgar vanilla beans online, got advise from the gentleman working in the local liquor store, and we are on our way!!
Now, another comment I must make. For anyone saying "I cant believe you would bring that in your home!!!" The immitation vanilla is made of deadly chemicals, google it!

1 comment:

mollysaid said...

If you have any leftover vodka, feel free to send it my way... ;)