Monday, June 23, 2008

Hello...YUM!


Homemade potato chips...mmmmm.....
I didnt have lunch planned, so we cut up a few potatos and tossed them in a hot pan of oil, and dipped them in the carrot ketchup! YUM! Oh, and a sprinkel of salt :-)


Hannah was my assistant this morning, making some cocoanut maccroons! Then, we made Susan's Better Than Hershey's Syrup to dip them in! YUM!
Heres the super yummy chocolate syrup recipe:
Better Thank Hershey's Syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix sugar, cocoa, salt and water in saucepan. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly until everything dissolves. Remove from heat and add vanilla. When it has cooled down, pour into a clean chocolate syrup squeeze bottle.

For a glass of chocolate milk, add 1-2 TBS syrup. Great on desserts and in coffee mochas, too.

1 comment:

LucisMomma said...

KT, I feel famous! Hannah is adorable. I never would have thought to dip the macaroons in choc syrup, but I think I'll have to try it!

Love this new blog--I'll have to try that chicken recipe, too. Didn't realize it was on Cindy's recipe archives.