Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ketchup.....Kind of....


In avoiding tomatoes, this is attempt #2 at ketchup. The first recipe smelled horrid. This one smells like canned baby food carrots. But, the taste wasnt so bad. Im going to let it sit a while, and maybe add salt and pepper. We will see.... The main goal is not for me to accept it, but for the kids to! Im planning to make some french fries for dinner, and see how this goes over...
Carrot Ketchup
4 large carrots, sliced thin
2-3 tablespoons vinegar
2-3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
pear juice
I put everything except the pear juice in the slow cooker and cooked until the carrots were mushy. Then I scooped everything into the food processor and processed with pear juice until I got a nice ketchupy consistency.

2 comments:

Joan said...

KT - add some allspice, you'll be amazed.
JoanE (from FG)

Peggy said...

I will have to try this! My guy would live on ketchup. All of the things he loves are not stage 1 approved (as is often the case from what I've read).