Monday, July 21, 2008

I made laundry soap!!


Ok, no denying the fact that I am proud of myself. I made laundry soap!! On the right of the picture is the laundry soap, and to the left is baking soda. Each load gets a half cup of each, and Im still spending at least 70% less then buying factory soap! Of course, I have to use my time to make it, but since I am home with the kids, time is all I have :-)
The soap was stored in a 15 gallon platic tub for awhile, because I couldnt find anything to put it in. Then, on Saturday, I stopped at ReStore, and found this PERFECT duel holder for $5!! YEAH!
Now I just need to make a nice top for it :-)
And Im not saving all our dryer link for my compost pile. More to come on that topic....
Here is the link to the laundry soap recipe:
http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap2.htm
And here is more info on ReStore: (profits go to Habitat for Humanity!!)
http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,we're on the Feingold Diet too. Thanks for the link! I've been looking into making some of these items myself. Mostly because it would be so much cheaper!